Skip to Content Skip to Navigation logo

Division of Motor Vehicles

Vehicle Services Registration

Change of Address

The Division of Motor Vehicles must be notified within one month of all address changes. Customers may perform the address change notification by mail using the DMV Change of Address Form or by appearing at any DMV office. There is no fee for this service.

Change of Name

The Division must be notified within one month of legal name changes. Customers must personally appear at any DMV office to change the name on their driver's license and/or identification card and vehicle title/registration. The Division's Driver's License Section will need your old driver's license and/or identification card, marriage certificate or court documents as proof of your name change. The Division will issue you a new driver's license and/or identification card for a fee of each.

Find out how to change your name on a driver's license or identification card.

In order to change your vehicle's registration and title, you must present the vehicle's current certificate of title, registration card, valid proof of Delaware liability insurance and your driver's license showing your new name or a marriage certificate or court document as proof of the name change. The Division will issue you a new certificate of title and registration card for a fee of . If your vehicle has a lien and your title is being held by the lienholder, you will need to obtain a MV35 Form from one of our facilities. Complete the form and mail it to your lienholder. The lienholder will mail the title to the DMV location where you received the form. DMV will notify you by postcard when the title is received. Review the back of the postcard for items you will need to bring with you to complete the transaction. A title fee of will be charged for the new title. This fee does not include any other changes such as tag changes or renewal of registration.