Your DMV :: License RenewalWhen it comes time to renew your driver license, you can do so at any DMV facility. Renewal reminders are mailed to you approximately 60 days before the expiration date (your birthday). You may renew at any time during the 6 month period prior to the expiration of your license.
- The renewal fee is for a five-year license
- A late fee is charged if the renewal takes place after the expiration date
- You must turn in your previously issued license
- You must fill out an application
- You must pass an eye-screen test
- Written and road tests may be given, but they are normally waived